Pink Triangle Press is looking for Customer Service & Retention Manager to consistently improve customer satisfaction and retention, improve operational metrics, and to provide excellent management and mentoring to the Customer Service team.
If you are the right person for this role you will have successfully managed a team of Customer Service professionals in a call centre environment, and have experience in:
- Achieving customer service human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, disciplining and terminating employees.
- Achieving customer service objectives by contributing customer service information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; identifying customer service trends; implementing change.
- Determining customer service requirements by maintaining contact with customers; conducting surveys; forming focus groups; benchmarking best practices.
- Improving customer service quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; establishing and communicating service metrics.
- Maximizing customer operational performance by providing help desk resources and technical advice; resolving problems; disseminating advisories, warnings, and new techniques; detecting and diagnosing network problems.
- Handling customer escalations.
You will be available on-call 24/7, and responsible for ensuring all shifts are covered in instances of staffing issues.
Note that the ideal person for this role will be comfortable working with and around sexually explicit products and material.
To apply for this position, e-mail your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
- Strong editorial judgment
- Excellent editing and writing skills
- Thorough understanding of copyright and libel law
- Knowledge and experience with various forms of online journalism; creative packaging, multi-media, visual story-telling, live blogging
- Experience working with editorial CMS foundations and web technologies
- Web publishing skills; text, images, blogging, some familiarity with HTML and coding
- Social media skills; content promotion; traffic building tactics and strategies
- Understanding of traffic-driving social media strategies and tactics
- Knowledge of web metrics; experience using Google Analytics, SEO, etc.
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial spirit; ability to work both independently and in a collaborative work place
- Educated to degree level in English, media studies, marketing, communications studies, journalism or an equivalent specialism.
- Work experience in journalism, public relations or similar, preferably within a digital media environment.
- Proven success in writing professional web and marketing copy, with the ability to produce compelling and optimized copy while maintaining brand messaging, persuasiveness, and readability.
- Creative thinker with proven campaign experience.
- Highly analytical, with the ability to interpret information, news, data, and research quickly, distilling the most important/relevant information to inform unique and innovative new content and creation ideas.
- Knowledge of sexual politics and history
- Strong communication and presentation skills (oral and written)
ONLINE MARKETING ANALYST (Toronto)
Pink Triangle Press is looking for an Online Marketing Analyst to accurately analyze the online properties of the Press in order to provide insights for key business decisions. The Analyst will largely focus on the Squirt.org brand (approximately 80%), with some work focusing on the DailyXtra.com brand (approximately 20%).
The Online Marketing Analyst will prepare accurate reports and analysis on traffic, membership, revenue, efficiency, user behaviour, membership and sales funnels, and more.
If you are the right person for this role you will have experience researching and analyzing business, revenue, and sales trends to drive revenue and identify gaps in business models. You will have experience in leading and designing web analytics, and analyzing online data using multiple tools. You will have worked with stakeholders to identify KPIs to track performance, and create new operational processes and improvements to ensure data collection and reporting accuracy. You will have a Bachelor’s degree in business, mathematics, or statistics, with at least three years of relevant work experience in a digital environment.
Your additional proven skills and experience will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Strong understanding of Web analytics, Google analytics or similar
- Demonstrated business/financial modelling capabilities with tools such as Excel, Access, Cognos, SQL, or similar
- Demonstrated skills in applying statistical analysis principles to business challenges
- Solid understanding of online marketing and web analytics
- Strong analytical skills, with great attention to detail
*Note that the ideal person for this role will be comfortable working with and around sexually explicit products and material.
To apply for this position, visit our employment application website and upload your resume and cover letter. You may be asked to complete a pre-interview assessment.