Queer Ontario hosts forum on sex ed, GSAs, religion and schools
Tonight, Queer Ontario hosted an educational public forum to discuss how we can "make it better" for students in schools across Ontario. Discussion topics included an updated sex ed curriculum and gay-straight alliances.
Xtra broadcasted live video from the event, part of which you can view here.
Also check out some live tweets from the event by browsing the #qoed4m hashtag:
- Rosario Marchese, MPP, education critic, Ontario NDP
- Noa Mendelsohn Aviv, Canadian Civil Liberties Association
- El-Farouk Khaki, Salaam
- Lyba Spring, Toronto Public Health
- j wallace, LGBTQ Parenting Network
- Pam Dogra, Elementary Teachers of Toronto LGBTQI Committee
- With special guests, St Joe's Gay-Straight Alliance